I was leading a retreat a few years ago, and one of the participants in my small group was asking why it was important to go to Mass. She said that she prayed on her own, so she didn’t see why she had to go, especially since she didn’t get anything out of going.
I explained it to her like this.
Picture your soul as two pieces of wood that need to be attached. Christ’s teachings are the nails that keep those two pieces of wood together. Now, if you want to get those nails into the wood, how would you do it? The average person would not be able to get the nails in with thier bare hands. A very strong person may be able to get the nails in, but what are the odds that they would go in straight? In these situations, the messages of Christ are either not able to enter the heart or they are misconstrued.
Because I just turned in the bloopiest essay I’ve ever written.
Delay on essay because of injury + being sick again the day it’s due = bloopville.
I did write it on a medieval Ordo manuscript so St. Stephen (patron saint of Metz) and St. Thomas Aquinas I need you to back me up on this one.
Critics say the U.N. agencyâs priorities have played a major role in the steep drop over the last&
If you were paying attention last week, you’ll recall from my newsy little post on Friday, that Pope Francis has charged Catholics with asking the Holy Spirit for the grace to be annoying.
1. What was the last novena you prayed?
2. Favorite parable?
3. Have you discerned the Lord's vocation for you?
4. If it is the religious life, what order is the best fit for you?
5. Favorite saint growing up?
6. Favorite saint now?
7. Favorite Old Testament story?
8. Tell us your best Confession story.
9. Have you discerned serving as a FOCUS missionary?
10. If yes, why?
11. If no, why not?
12. Where were you when Pope John Paul II passed away?
13. Have you been on any pilgrimages? (Israel, Medugorje, Lourdes, etc)
14. Last Church where you attended Mass?
15. Last time you went to Confession?
16. Favorite religious order?
17. Favorite Apostle?
18. Which saint shares your conversion story?
19. Last spiritual reading you did? (Diary of St. Maria Faustina, Padre Pio's Secrets of a Soul, etc)
20. Last time you went to Adoration?
21. Last time you prayed the Rosary?
22. Favorite Mystery of the Rosary?
23. Favorite Our Lady apparition?
24. Have you been keeping up with the Imagine Sisters' YouTube and Facebook?
25. Favorite novena to pray?
26. How old were you when you truly encountered the Lord for the first time?
27. What were you doing when the white smoke appeared for Pope Francis?
28. Are you going to give your children saint names?
29. Do you have any saints' medals around your neck?
30. Do you wear a brown or green Scapular?
31. If you were going to die next week, what three things would you want to tell a fallen away Catholic?
32. Do you attend Daily Mass?
33. If not, do you want to? What are some practical steps you can take to ensure this?
34. When you go to Heaven which five saints would you hug and thank first?
35. What was the most intense prayer experience you've ever had?
36. Favorite Old Testament character?
37. Favorite book of the Gospels?
38. Any friends you give credit to for truly leading you to Christ?
39. If you allowed the Holy Spirit to take over you for one week, what do you think would happen?
40. If the Lord called you to be a martyr for Him, how would you feel?
41. Have you been to any FOCUS conferences?
42. Best FOCUS conference experience?